Last week the first Tizen custom ROM dropped for the Samsung Galaxy Gear. Today we have got root access for the Samsung Gear 2 / Gear 2 via the same developer Skin1980
The ROM (firmware) is built on the official XXUCNF1 ROM, but also include root capability and a few other features that make the smartwatch better on battery. The release has been named as TizenMod 3, and now you DON’T REQUIRE A COMPATIBLE SAMSUNG SMARTPHONE TO INSTALL AN APPLICATION.
TizenMod 3.0 Features
- Based on the last NE5 Firmware
- Battery saving script
- Removed camera sounds
- Added Android L fonts
- Added the support for custom icon theme
- Added the support for custom fonts, ringtones, alarms etc.
- Added the support for set the max cpu freq and governor ( don’t use for now… i need to change the script that control the clock speed)
…but the most important thing
HOW TO INSTALL
IMPORTANT: Update your gear to the NE5 FW before flash!
- Reboot gear in download mode;
- Download Odin 3.09
- In AP field select the ROM file;
- Press start and wait till finish.
Here is a post showing you how to MOD your APKS to work with this ROM (firmware).